Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Baby's Birthday

THE BIRTHDAY GIRL

We've had a fun couple of days celebrating Tara's birthday. We went to Salt Lake to one of our favorite restaurants, the Market Street Broiler, and did a few other things downtown. It was pretty similar to what we did last year actually. I had a great time with my girls, and I hope Tara had a good birthday. My gift to Tara this year is a framed picture of the Salt Lake Temple. I didn't want to make the decision of which piece of art to get alone so I haven't actually bought it yet so that Tara can help me pick one. I'm a lame gift-giver. I'm probably the worst at doing something special and original, I could never match Tara's thoughtfulness and creativity when it comes to these kinds of things. I wish I was better at it.

I'm so grateful for Tara and all the incredible things she does for our family. She is my best friend. She is more loving and supportive than I deserve or could have ever hoped for. I hope she's had a good birthday because she deserves the absolute best. I love you Tara!





5 comments:

SarahAnne said...

Happy birthday, Tara!

Derek, it is sweet and thoughtful of you to blog about your wife on her birthday. Not many hubbies even know how to log in to the family blog. LOL You done good. :)

JC and Emily said...

Happy Birthday Tara!! You look beautiful in your red! You wore that on purpose right since you were up by the U?! Way to support the team yo! Hope your birthday was a goodie!

Ty and Masha said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Thanks for inviting us for dinner, we had fun!!!!

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

A very belated happy birthday to Tara. I agree to all of the words written by Derek. Tara was one of my best roommates in college.

David and Shalynna said...

Hey guys! We can't wait to get together in Utah. We'll be back in a week, so we should do something before your sweet baby comes.

By the way, I just read your previous post and I love that you are teaching Eva Spanish. That's awesome.

Hope to see you soon!

-Shalynna

Where in Utah do you live?