Friday, August 15, 2008

OLYMPIC GOLD!


I did it! You may be familiar with the Chinese gymnast age scandal. I'm here to put the story straight. Here's the scoop... I had great aspirations to compete with my nation in these 2008 Beijing Olympics, but the USA would not allow me to participate because I am underage by a few years. As my parents had traveled to Asia last fall and made the acquaintance of a Chinese government official they were privy to an inside tip to fast track me to the Olympiad.

I was able to receive appropriate documentation to falsify my age. You may know me as Eva Bleazard, but my Chinese passport says Lu Xang born May 8, 1991. As an alternate on the Chinese women's gymnastics team I received gold in the medal ceremony following the team competition. Unfortunately my routines would not have been aired on tv.


Balance Hands 16.025 (tenth of a point deduction for drooling)

High Hands 15.725 (deductions for uncontrolled flailing of limbs)

I'm here to say that yes there are underage Chinese gymnasts competing. Our underdeveloped bones and muscles make us nimble and the short stature lowers our center of gravity. It's been a great run though. To hear more about my amazing story I will be interviewing with Matt Lauer on the Today show tomorrow morning. Check me out!


5 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

she is so cute derek! and why were you guys in china? i've always wanted to go there, but mark has something against the....

maybe one day i'll convince him!

David and Shalynna said...

Hey guys! Marla told us about your blog- and right in time. That was a funny post. Eva is a doll. Glad to see you guys are doing so well! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious man. She was in the Olympics with those other Chinese girls that were 7 years old. DANG!

So cute, cant wait to see her in the flesh in a couple weeks.

TIMBO

Ty and Masha said...

That was funny. She is SOO cute. I'm glad everything is going well with Eva.

George and Caralee said...

Very clever! I think Eva wins the Gold for being the cutest child of Derek and Tara!!!! We have really enjoyed the Olympics too...what about that um... Phillips, no... Phlake...no... oh yea Phelps kid. AMAZING huh!?
Love ya!