Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chad's Back!

This post is about 2 weeks late, but I'm going to do it nevertheless. We recently went up to Boise to welcome home our little brother Chad after 2 years in El Salvador. We were able to stay for over a week and spend some good quality family time. We played golf, went shooting, went shopping, and had family pictures taken. We had a Wii bit o' fun playing the Rock Band and Wii Sports on mom and dad's new Wii. Diversion para la familia entera! And oh yeah, we had our home run derby and footrace at the park. I was disgraced in the footrace (better luck next year?) but I did show up for the home run derby.
















The bowkster is looking good.















Hey hermano!















The 6 kids, reunited at last!















Chillin' at mom and dad's.















My pretty girls.















Chad's awesome "Policia" shirt from El Salv.















Walther P99.














Enjoying dad's famoso BBQ'd turkey and homemade BBQ sauce.















Playing catch in the front yard.















Robby looking on while Chad reacquaints himself with a baseball.

Welcome home Chad! Great to have you back.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hello Derek, It's your old friend Heidi Beattie! (Well, Heidi Westmoreland now:)I saw your mom & dad at Jeremy Fields wedding in Boise this past weekend. It was so good to see them and they were telling me all about you and your darling family. Oh is Eva a cutie or what!! They gave me your blog so I had to check it out! You guys look so happy and it looks like life is going great! I'm in Mesa, Arizona and just had a baby boy about 5 months ago! Isnt it fun!I'm just learning the whole blogging thing but you'll have to look us up at littledmakesthree.blogspot.com
I'm so happy for you and your family. Its so fun to see everyone again! Give them my best! Lots of love! - Heidi

George and Caralee said...

Love,love,love the pics! It was so good to see you that weekend and Eva is such a cutie! Love to you all!