Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hot Breadsies!

We had a great weekend with my parents and Chad in town. We celebrated Dad's birthday on Friday and had some delicious cake made by Chad while we played Rock Band. On Saturday we wanted to go to Park City, but learned shortly before leaving that the Sundance Film Festival had started, so we decided we'd steer clear and opted for downtown Salt Lake instead. One highlight of the weekend for Tara and me was that on Sunday we made homemade bread using wheat and a wheat grinder that we got from Mom and Dad for Christmas. The bread turned out pretty great and we're excited to do it again. I never thought I'd get so much out of grinding wheat and making bread but there was something really cool about it, and it was fun to have all of us involved. Turns out Robby made bread the same day at around the same time up in Northern Idaho. The Bleazard Boys are bakers! In addition to bread making there was lots of Rock Band, board games, dominoes and movies over the weekend.

Raw goodness.
Grinding it out.
Even Chad got involved and lent his muscles. Notice the matching attire Chad and I had. It wasn't planned, we both walked out of our rooms after church and noticed we looked exactly the same.
Freshly ground wheat.
The finished product!
We love Sequence. We always go guys against girls, and lately the guys have really been lighting it up. Boo ya. Right here Ty is like, "I don't know why we're so dominating." And Tara is like, "We just got schooled again." (Actually we're pretty evenly matched, but we like to trash talk.)Eva really enjoyed having Rock Band in the house too. All those cords and fun things to touch. I couldn't keep her away from this area all week while we had the Wii.
Here's our house with our ever-present 12+ inches of snow. The house faces north so it doesn't melt very quickly and continues to accumulate.

5 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

It was a great weekend. Someone should teach the girls how to play Sequence the winning way. Pretty soon Eva will be as good as Masha on those drums!

George and Caralee said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a great weekend. And I really need to get a wheat grinder myself. I have never had a liking for wheat bread but you Bleazard Bakers are inspiring...hey, I could even be a Bleazard-Johnson Baker! Love to you all!

SarahAnne said...

Good stuff! I was gonna ask why you and Chad changed clothes for the pictures....
I am baking our own wheat bread myself. A wheat grinder is already on the short list since I'm gung-ho about emergency preparedness. Good thing you know how to use your grinder now!

Robby said...

I dig. I like that you and Chad realized that you were wearing the same thing. That made me laugh. Nice looking loaves... and very artistic photos.

Natalie said...

How crazy! The same day and everything? You would think they are all brothers or something!