Monday, January 26, 2009

Exciting Weekend








It was an exciting weekend. Mom and Dad came to visit. We hadn't seen them since the beginning of December so it was fun to spend time with them. Dad got Mom a sweet new digital SLR camera for Christmas and it was a photo shoot weekend. Eva was all smiles for it.

Saturday Dad and Derek were going to go the shooting range, but that was interrupted by an unexpected Dr.'s Appt. Early Saturday morning Derek woke up suddenly saying that he had been hit in the eye and that it wasn't working right. He was in so much pain it made him sick. Well after a couple of hours of worrying and letting the pain subside we finally calmed down and got a little more sleep. The next day Derek went to the Optometrist which took longer than expected and made them miss their time slot at the shooting range. He found out that he's been sleeping with his eyes partially open and that the one had become so dehydrated that it made the nerves freak out. With some drops we hope to be back on track.

Mom and I went down to Provo to a stained glass studio so Mom could get some supplies. After that we met the guys at Cafe Rio and enjoyed some good burritos. We spent the weekend watching movies and relaxing.

I'd been dealing with a pretty severe cough since Friday and finally was feeling pretty miserable on Sunday. We went to one of those Urgent Care places and the medical drama began again. Apparently I was only getting a little under 70% of the oxygen my body should be getting so the nurse yelled for the Dr. and some oxygen. They got it on me right before I was about to pass out. Then once that was back up to a good number I was put on some sort of breathing machine to open up my lungs and then they did x-rays. I've got pneumonia. It wasn't so terrible that I needed to be hospitalized so that's good. I'll be on the mend over the next few days.

What an ordeal, but it was really nice to have Mom and Dad here.

5 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

Wow, guys. What's up with all that sickness. Here we don't see you for a week and you get into all that trouble. You better get well soon otherwise we'd have to come over and play sequence.

Natalie said...

Wow that does sound like quite the ordeal! Yikes. I am glad everyone is getting better. Robby has had some eye issues over the past few months, so we know what that is about. Congratulations on your big decision. Let us know if we can do anything to help!

Anonymous said...

Crazy kids, what is this big decision I am hearing about?

TIM

George and Caralee said...

HOLY SMOKES! You take good care of yourself and I hope you all are on the mend very soon!

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

Ewww. I had pneumonia when I was in first grade and when I was a baby. Hope you feel better. Next time you're in Provo, give me a holler. I would love to see my favorite Glenwood roommate! :)