Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Aquarium

Back in August we took a trip to The Living Aquarium. It's just a little guy in Sandy, but it was fun. I'm really enjoying the curiosity and interest Eva shows in things she learns about. We're having a lot of fun exposing her to new experiences and seeing what she thinks of them. She likes to tell Derek about her day when he comes home. She tells him everything she does and it is really sweet to see what is important to her. She has started to say things that she likes and talks about what makes her happy and what she did that was fun. These conversations are so special as it gives us an opportunity to see the world as she does.

She had recently taken an interest in fish, turtles, and snakes so it seemed like good timing to go check it out.

The Penguins by far were her favorite. She's been talking about Pinguinos ever since she saw them at the Boise Zoo over Memorial Day weekend.

She touched the stingray and thought that was pretty cool. It made me think back to the time we spent on the sandbar with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. They are so soft and graceful. I love them!

Mommy and Eva enjoying all the fishies!

I think Baron was just happy that I didn't make Eva sit in the stroller and he had more room.

This picture kind of makes me laugh because it's like Eva is one of those Sea Shepherd animal rights activists yelling at some big whaling vessel.

She sat on the "Sapo."

He was a real good boy. He was kind of serious about some of the things he saw.

Just checking it out.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

"It's just a little guy" I love that. I can't believe she is telling Derek about her day! I look forward to when C can do that. Such beautiful children!

Mark and Kris said...

Yeah, new pictures. I am so happy about that and how sweet the kids are. Eva is a doll and Baron is growing so fast and he is one handsome guy. I love them to pieces.