Monday, May 10, 2010

2

Mother's Day for the past 3 years has been very special. In 2008 I celebrated Mother's Day, having been released from the hospital the previous day and with a 4 day old baby girl. Every Mother's Day since has been wonderful. Even though I'm now a mother of two this day always brings me back to my first special moments with Eva. She will always be my most cherished Mother's Day gift.


She is two years old now. She is loving and kind; strong headed and creative. She loves to express herself in her clothing, coloring, and Spanglish words. She is a wonderful daughter. She knows we are her Mommy and Daddy and she trusts us implicitly. She will jump from any height knowing that we will catch her, even if we're not aware that we are supposed to be catching her. Her trust is sacred to us. We can tell from her smiling eyes that we are her whole world, her best playmates, and the provider of all her needs. We both cherish our relationship with her. She lights up our home with laughter and her budding sense of humor cracks us up. She has an opinion about meals, bedtime, and clothing. Well, she is two years old.

Stay tuned for some sure to be exciting Dora The Explorer Birthday Party photos.

5 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

Happy Birthday, Eva. Being 2 is awesome. Tara, your hospital gown brings back some memories...hahah.

Natalie said...

Yeah Eva! I can't believe she is 2. She is such a doll. Can't wait to see you all soon!

Jenni said...

I missed this post. Im way late...but...Happy birthday to Eva! 2 is a lot of fun! its so up & down. Never a dull moment! I love the way you talk about your sweet family!

Mark and Kris said...

2 yr old EVA! A very special girl to this Gramma. My little sweetie. Special times to remember 2 years ago for all of us. Tara, you are such a blessing to us all, and I am so grateful you are so well and happy! So glad you had Eva and Baron! I count my blessings and you all are a part of them! (D,T,E and B)!

Mark and Kris said...

I somehow missed blogs from my kids for a while. Catching up and seeing these great little faces really cheers me up. What a little doll she was and IS!