Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Deck Building and The Finished Product

I had a great time building the deck with Dad, Barry and Ty. After getting the materials on Friday morning, we worked pretty much non-stop until 10:30 on Saturday night. We had the backyard full of toolboxes, saws, and lumber. It was so fun to see it all come together. There are still a few minor additions I'd like to make that we didn't have time for, and I won't be able to stain it until Spring because the temperature is too low now that the weather is back to what it'd normally be in November. Luckily the deck is cedar, which stands up to moisture really well even without stain or sealers. I had my hand in the design of the deck, but otherwise followed the instructions of Dad and Ty, who recently built Ty's deck while I was in Thailand and are quickly becoming pros. Dad was the Stairmaster... he did a great job on what was the most challenging part of the project. I learned a ton. Thanks again so much guys for all your hard work! Barry's place will hopefully be next in the Spring.














6 comments:

Ally said...

it looks awesome! way to go. btw...Derek, you look so offical. do you sell that tool belt on B&R? What kind of shoes would one wear with that?

Natalie said...

Looks great! I don't know how they do that kind of stuff. What talented guys! How are you feeling?

SarahAnne said...

Wow! They really went to town on the deck building - two decks in one week...or weekend? Anyway, looks great! Bet you can't wait for spring and summer next year!

Anonymous said...

very nice!

JC and Emily said...

Looks awesome!! Good job Derek! So has baby come yet? I hope Derek will call us mkay!!

George and Caralee said...

FANTASTIC! Grampa Bleazard would be SOO proud of all of you!